Thursday 6 February 2014

Master planning to Detail stage

An area was chosen to be refined at 1:200 scale. This reveals a lot more detail than can be shown at 1:500, some areas now look very large and empty. Not always a bad thing if the design requires a large open space but for the most part this can be improved through refinement.
 A trace overlay was made, one to examine the planting, one for the structures and another to identify any elements which either need work or need to go!
Using my sketch up model of the design in context, I produced an eye level image within this part of the park.
I like using this method instead of just freehand drawing as it gives a realistic and accurate placing of all the elements which make up my design.
I then added some people for scale then the image was ready to be printed so I could use it as a base drawing.
 
Once I had traced through the structures in the image I added the planting layers while trying to create it as a picture, adding to the foreground, middle and background.



Next part of this process is to add colour. I have been using my watercolour scans for a while now so have begun to incorporate a little photographic textures in with this. Hopefully I can find a good balance between the two but first I need to get some shadows sorted out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment