Sunday 19 January 2014

Week 2 Task

A series of quick paper models were made in response to a 'buzz word' I believe this one was my response to 'flowing' and my chosen one to progress with through the task.
This photo was taken and then opened up in Photoshop, the quick selection tool was used to cut out the paper model from its background and then placed into several photos/pictures where I could explore scale and changes in hue and saturation to help the model blend into the picture.


The first one was reduced to fit into the palm of a hand… and fed to birds!
Part of the paper layer was erased around the fingers to help the model sit back in the image.

Next I wanted the model to look like it could be a stature or some kind of installation. The woman is a separate layer too and both were duplicated and darkened to create shadows, which were then stretched along the ground plane.

The third one was a bit of fun! I had to change the hue of the paper model to help it blend in with the blue picture, the same trick to create the shadow. Then I tried to add some atmosphere by highlighting one side of the model to suggest the low angle of light from the sunset in the background.
Overall not too bad I think… more time would produce better results, as usual..

No comments:

Post a Comment